The first five years of a child are the developmental phase of the child’s life.
Hence it is important to know what is best for your child. As a parent, it is important to know the difference between the Montessori and Traditional methods of Education.
The Montessori Method of education was developed by Italian physician “Maria Montessori”. The Montessori Training is a child-centered educational approach based on scientific observations of children. The Montessori Schooling system was invented in the early 1900s by Maria Montessori to educate poor children in Italy.
The Montessori Method focuses on understanding and encouraging each child’s individual uniqueness, early child development, and provides a nurturing environment.
The key difference between Montessori & Traditional Teachers is the focus area.
Traditional Teaching only focuses on teaching abilities and academic education. Whereas, Montessori Teaching focuses on the child’s natural learning abilities.
Now here are other differences Between the Montessori Method of Teaching and Traditional Method of Teaching:
MONTESSORI METHOD OF TEACHING
1. Mixed-age group kids.
2. The teaching environment encourages self-discipline.
3. The child sets his/her learning pace.
4. Children learn on the basis of their own observations.
5. Child development covers multiple areas (practical & life skills).
6. Children are free to move in the classroom.
7. Emphasis is on a collaborative mindset.
8. The experience is a purposeful and real-life experience.
TRADITIONAL METHOD OF TEACHING
1. Kids with the same age group.
2. Teachers encourage self-discipline.
3. The Teacher enforces the learning pace.
4. Learning is based on the curriculum.
5. The complete focus is on academics.
6. Children are confined to tables and chairs.
7. Emphasis on a competitive mindset.
8. The experience is through workbooks, textbooks, and, notes.
The Montessori Teachers Training provided by Happy Hours School provides a structured framework to develop a high level of professional competence as teachers of the Montessori Method and effectively deal with children in their early childhood.
A Montessori Teacher helps a child find the true meaning of words with natural learning.
Don’t miss the opportunity of being an Internationally Certified Montessori Teacher and make the lives of the children better and make them a more humble, social, intellectual, emotional, and economical human being. And secure your career with this rewarding job.